Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Summer Wins

I’ve won, have a surplus of about $20000 this summer.

It’s not that much. There are some people that can easily win or lose that in a hand. Even lower level players can win or lose that in a few days.

It’s a fairly small amount even compared to what I used to win in a given month, at one brief time in my life.

But it’s a great progression compared to the low point I’ve been at for some time, now.

And it’s also great that I’ve won it in several different types of games: Omaha, Texas Hold’em, Pot Limit, No Limit, Limit, in both tournament and cash games play.


And I find myself facing new problems. I no longer have any problem with going on Tilt, not even slightly. My major problem, these days, after a long winning streak, is that I tend to play uninspired. I can play inspired for hours and even days and nights, and then suddenly, I hit a wall of indifference inside myself.

There are occasions, when players need a break, after having played a lot for weeks. This isn’t exactly like that, but more of a seemingly lasting (god forbid) problem.


And I have a problem, when playing poker, of course: I’m not greedy. So, when I know I no longer need to win to put food and stuff on the table for a while, I tend to play uninspired. And every game I play should count, count as if it was my last one.

In this as well, poker imitates life, is life.

No comments: